Thursday, August 15, 2019

25 Things You Might Not Know About Me

I was listening to an audiobook recently, and the author talked about a social media phenomenon from a few years ago calling for people to post "25 Things You Don't Know About Me."  Well, I'm a sucker for a good list, so here we go!

1. I was born in Naples, Florida, which has formed me into a total beach snob.
2. I hate beach sand.  Hate it.
3. I once ate a delicious meal in the country of Liechtenstein.
4. I've had a near-death experience.
5. I have seen over fifty bands/singers in concert (including U2 3x, Britney 3x, The Killers 2x).  I love live music!
6. My favorite movie is Beasts of the Southern Wild, but I'm also a sucker for Roman Holiday.
7. If I could eat as much of one food as I wanted with no consequences, it would be chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
8. I have a caffeine intolerance.  My body hates it.  I love it.  Chocolate has caffeine in it.
9. I have traveled to nine countries and sixteen states.
10. I would move to England tomorrow.
11. My personal library has 773 books in it (not including Special Collections).
12. I keep my special books in a china cabinet.
13. I've been to Disney World too many times to count, and my favorite ride is The Haunted Mansion.  Hands down.
14. When I left home for college, I had a complete emotional breakdown and begged to come home.  Now I work there.
15. I am an only child.
16. I'm an introvert (no one believes this, but I promise you, it's true).
17. I love to be on stage.  My favorite of all of the roles I've played is Adam in The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr: Abridged.
18. When I grow up, I want to be like Michelle Obama, then RBG.
19. When I was a kid, I fished with a cane pole on a homemade raft and used chicken livers as bait. (I grew up on a four hundred acre farm.)
20. I'm fabulous with power tools.
21. I've dealt with anxiety as long as I can remember, but I only realized it senior year of college.  If you see it in someone you love, help them recognize it.
22. I have a record of chasing famous people down the street to get their autograph. #noshame
23. My hair has been brunette, orange, pink, and blonde--but my natural color is light brown and I have a birth mark in my hair--a white streak!
24. The book I've read more times than any other is The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
25. I once dressed up as Paula Abdul for my school's "What I Want to Be When I Grow Up" day.

I thought I should put something really profound, but I'll save that for another list.  Let me know if I should elaborate on any of these facts...I'm a storyteller, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment