Monday, July 22, 2019

Best of 2018

After a brief hiatus, this post, originally posted in December 2018, is back on the blog!

Greetings! Tonight is New Year's Eve, and I've been reflecting on the year, as I'm sure many of you have. To be honest, I often approach the new year with a bit of trepidation. It's a huge question mark. This year, however, I'm actually excited for all that the new year has in store. Sweet Divinity is set for publication in 2019. I'm working on establishing a name in freelance writing. I have tickets to see Fleetwood Mac and Elton John early in the year. I'm turning fabulous forty.

So much to look forward to!

But before I look too far ahead, I'm looking back. I've been excited to see that quite a few people I follow on social media have been sharing their "Best Of" lists, and so I thought I'd add mine to the mix.

I read fifty books this year, and I'd like to share my top ten with you. I enter my books on Goodreads immediately upon reading the final page. The following books received my highest ranking this year. You should know that I'm very picky with my five star ranking. These lucky books are listed beginning with the most recently read.


Blue Iris: Poems and Essays by Mary Oliver
Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
Red Bird by Mary Oliver
Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
The Origin of Others by Toni Morrison
The Marvels by Brian Selznick
We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Adichie
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Amazing Peace: A Christmas Poem by Maya Angelou

And this one received four stars but still makes the top ten:
Warlight by Michael Ondaatje

Please share the best book you read this year...I'll add it to my list for 2019!

I wish you all the best in the new year. May it be filled with passion, confidence, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment